Maintaining a healthy relationship can be difficult, especially with the stress and repeated separations experienced by military families. But, the first step toward creating the relationship you want and deserve is recognizing what it should look and feel like. A healthy relationship includes:
- Respectful communication, not belittling or name calling.
- Willingness by each partner to work on their own “stuff.”
- Each partner having their own life outside of the relationship, including hobbies and friends.
- Emotional and physical safety.
- Being able to work through conflict in a safe way.
- Each partner taking responsibility for their actions and not blaming the other.
If you want to learn more about how to create a healthier relationship, please join us for a special holiday edition of our free Healthy Relationships online class, starting next week!