We provide confidential, no-cost programs and services to warriors and their loved ones facing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other invisible wounds of military service.

• If you are in crisis, call 866.781.8010, available 24/7 •

• If you are in Tennessee, you can also email our counseling line at counseling@couragebeyond.org

From the beginning, Courage Beyond has been about honoring the personal struggle of every individual and recognizing that we all have the capacity to hurt and to heal; but that it is our job, as human beings, to walk alongside each other in that journey. For those who’ve served in our nation’s military and their loved ones, we want to be there acknowledging the validity of that hurt and providing a safe space to heal.  Our mission is to empower service members, veterans, and their loved ones by providing confidential, no-cost programs and services to help them face the challenges of life.

We provide confidential, no-cost programs and services to warriors and their loved ones facing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other invisible wounds of military service. Through a supportive online community, retreats, eGroups, face-to-face counseling services across Tennessee provided by our parent company, Centerstone Military Services, and a 24-hour crisis line, we empower service men and women and their loved ones to heal and thrive.  We serve everyone whose lives are impacted by military service including Veterans from all Active Duty and Reserve components (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and Marines) – regardless of discharge status.

We are a program of Centerstone Military Services which is a part of Centerstone, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit provider of community-based behavioral healthcare. Our smaller size allows us to be nimble and respond quickly to the demands of our community and our attachment to Centerstone gives us access to some of the best data analytics tools and healthcare experts in the industry. Courage Beyond also provides workshops and training to licensed mental health providers in military culture and the specifics on the stressors that go along with military service.  We understand that counselors and providers who have knowledge of military culture can provide the most productive space for healing.

Our Core Values

Whole Population
What good is cleaning a cut in dirty water? What happens when a weed is cut down but the root is left intact? Without making sure the environment is clean and clear, addressing only part of a problem means the problem will remain, if not come back stronger. At Courage Beyond, our programs are offered not just to the warrior, but to the loved ones as well. We serve the whole population.
Humans are social, and research shows that healing is more likely to occur and be maintained in a community of supportive people. Therefore, even when our programs are delivered one-to- one, Courage Beyond will find ways to create community. Retreats might introduce a spouse to a group of like-minded women. An in-person group might bring warriors of all different branches together to consider their similarities. Our counselors get better at serving individuals when they commune with other counselors and continuously learn from each other’s experiences.
Our leaders are experts in their own rights, and our goal is for our community to be experts in their own story and journey. Their expertise might come from their experience, from academia, or both. As much as possible, our leaders come from the military population as warriors or as family members. When people are first starting their journey toward healing, they look to people they can trust. That trust is usually placed in experts that understand where they have been and, more importantly, can help get them to where they want to go.
Integrated Healing
There is no one way to heal from the invisible wounds of military service. Even treatments considered highly effective for PTSD like EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) only work for about 80 percent of the population. What happens to the other 20 percent? Courage Beyond strives to provide and support multiple modalities of getting better. We utilize many evidence-based practices in our counseling programs, and we also explore holistic healing opportunities within our groups and retreats. We especially love practices that engage the entire person—mind, body, and spirit.

Sign up for Courage Beyond Updates

If you would like us to email you when classes/workshops are enrolling, information about joining the mission, or just general information on PTSD and how to help a loved one enter your email below. We do NOT sell emails. Your privacy is our utmost concern.
  • check all that apply